Hello Team- hard to believe we are already in Week 4 of the course! This week’s deliverable is two parts, but please submit as one document for grade. ( You can label them part 1 and Part 2)
- Microsoft Excel®
- “How Netflix Expanded to 190 Countries in 7 Years” from Harvard Business Review
- Call Center Waiting Time
Part 1 of the assignment:
Write a 400-word summary covering the following items:
- According to the article listed above, what were the most important strategic moves that propelled Netflix’s successful international expansion?
- The article mentions investments in big data and analytics as one of the elements accompanying the second phase of overseas expansion. Why was this investment important? What type of information did Netflix derive from the data collected?
- According to the article, what is exponential globalization?
- Not all international expansion strategies are a resounding success, however. Research an article or video that discusses an instance in which an American company’s expansion efforts in another country failed. According to the article/video you selected, what were the main reasons for this failure? Do you agree with this assessment?
- Explain some of the reasons why certain companies’ expansion plans have failed in the past.
Part 2 of the Assignment:
Access the Call Center Waiting Time file. Each row in the database corresponds to a different call. The column variables are as follows:
- ProtocolType: indicates protocol type, either PT or PE
- QueueTime: Time in Queue, in seconds
- ServiceTime: Service Time, in seconds
- Perform a test of hypothesis to determine whether the average TiQ is lower than the industry standard of 2.5 minutes (150 seconds). Use a significance level of α=0.05.
- Evaluate if the company should allocate more resources to improve its average TiQ.
- Perform a test of hypothesis to determine whether the average ST with service protocol PE is lower than with the PT protocol. Use a significance level of α=0.05.
- Assess if the new protocol served its purpose. (Hint: this should be a test of means for 2 independent groups.)
- Submit your calculations and a 175-word summary of your conclusions.
Resources you may find helpful for Part 2 of the assignment: