1. What does Anova Stand for and what is it used for?
2. In a one way Anova, what is the difference between the among group variation and the within-group variances?
3. What are the 3 assumptions needed to complete the ANOVA analysis and explain
4. Use the Classwork week 6 excel spreadsheet below and solve the problem provided. You will need the following table to find the Qcritical value.
Watch the following video on how to find the tukey-kramer comparison for part b of the problem
the excel file “one-way ANOVA” workbook provides examples and formulas. Worksheet TK and TK_Formulas provides formulas for the Tukey Kramer part of the problem
5. Go over the Ch. 12 lecture slides and answer the following questions:
a. what are contingency tables used for? Provide 3 reasons
b. Draw a sample Contingency table and put the appropriate labels
c. What is the Chi-Squared Test Statistic? Write out the formula ( do it by hand if you can’t use a math editor program)
d. what is fo ?
e. What is fe ?
f. Is there a Chi critical value and if so, how do you find it?