College courses often require a great deal of reading. This is even more true in online courses, in which much of the communication is through written discussions, in addition to the required reading for the course. Students are also asked to respond in writing, through discussion and assignments.
Prepare: Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the following:
- So You’ve Got a Writing Assignment. Now What? (Links to an external site.) in Writing Spaces: Readings on Writing, Volume 1
- “Finding Your Way in”: Invention as Inquiry Based Learning in First Year Writing (Links to an external site.) in Writing Spaces: Readings on Writing, Volume 1.
- Research and Critical Reading (Links to an external site.) in Oregon Writes Open Writing Text
- What Reading Slowly Taught Me About Writing (Links to an external site.) video
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
There is a strong connection between reading and writing. The better reader you are, the better writer you are, and vice versa. Consider the information in the assigned readings and how it impacts your studies.
In at least 300 words address the following:
- Describe the relationship between reading and writing.
- Argue why it is important for students to complete the assigned reading.
- Give examples to support your argument.
- Cite and reference at least one of the above assigned sources in either a quote or a paraphrase to support your assertion.
- Be sure to include a reference at the end of your post.