Student Guidelines_ Disaster Simulation Paper
It is essential to the success of your simulation experience that everyone is prepared. Student Guidelines_ Disaster Simulation Paper. Please come prepared to discuss the following objectives during pre-briefing.
This assignment must be printed and is your ticket to enter the simulation center.
To be prepared for this simulation, please complete all of the following assigned readings and viewings, answer the questions below, PRINT and bring a copy to the simulation.
Read: Harkness & Demarco: Chapter 20 pages 405-414 (Stop at Bioterrorism)
Read: ATI: Chapters 2 & 6
Review: Class Powerpoint Presentation on Disasters
Upon completion of this simulation, the learner will:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Understand the role of the Community Health nurse in disaster management. Student Guidelines_ Disaster Simulation Paper.
- Understand the principles of disaster management, including working within incident command structures.
- Differentiate between the adult and pediatric triage algorithms (START and JumpSTART).
- Apply triage algorithms to appropriately prioritize and treat victims.
- Utilize principles of professional collaboration to assure for efficient and effective care of victims.
|Ticket to Enter|
- What disaster risks are present in the Chicagoland area (natural or man-made)?
- Explain the disaster management cycle/plan/continuum. How do nurses participate at each step/phase?
- What is an Incident Command System and why is it necessary?
- What activities are prioritized at a disaster site? (p. 23-24 AAP article)
- Explain the START (Field) Triage Model, including assessments critical for determining a victim’s condition.
- What is the difference between START and Jump START Triage Models? Student Guidelines_ Disaster Simulation Paper.
- Fill in the boxes: Color coding for Triage (Table 20.2)
- What Life Saving Interventions (LSI) should first responders/medical personnel be prepared to administer at a disaster site? What might they delegate to the “walking wounded”?
- Mental health issues can emerge during and after disaster situations and could lead to permanent disability. What does the term “Psychological First Aid” mean and how might the nurse promote this in a disaster situation? (See Chapter 21, pages 461-464, Figure 21.5 and Table 21.4)
- Identify and prioritize three (3) nursing diagnoses related to disasters. Student Guidelines_ Disaster Simulation Paper.