NRSG370: Melody King, 36, Peritonitis following ruptured appendix – Nursing Assignment
Ms Melody King presented to the Emergency Department with 2-3 days of severe Left Lower Quadrant abdominal pain, which required emergency laparoscopic surgery for removal of a ruptured appendix. She has a past medical history of asthma and depression, with her current prescribed and compliant medications list which includes:
Melody’s observations were as follows:
* BP 95/45mmHg
* HR 120
* Temp 38.3°Celcius
* RR 22/min and shallow
*SpO 2 95% on room air
She complained of increasing nausea and centralised abdominal pain 7-8 on a scale of 0 to10. The physical assessment showed a distended abdomen and generalised abdominal guarding. To investigate her condition further, pathology results reveal a raised white blood cell (WBC) count and CRP.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Considering the person’s situation, collect, process and present related health information;
• Identify and prioritise at least three (3) nursing problems/issues based on the health assessment data that you have identified for the person at the centre of care;
• Establish goals for priority of nursing care as related to the nursing problem/issues identified;
• Discuss the nursing care of the person, link it to assessment data and history;
• Evaluate your nursing care strategies to justify the nursing care provided;
• Reflect on the person’s outcomes.